Birthday Haul

by - 19:30

Birthday Haul | Monki, Rimmel, Maybelline, Zoeva and Bourjois

Remember when I made a post about ordering stuff from Asos (this one here)? Well, they finally arrived this Thursday, along with a Zoeva brush I ordered from a Kitchen Makeup in Lisbon, so I decided to show you all in this little birthday haul post! My birthday isn't until the 26th, so I can't actually start using any of these until then (my mum has taken them hostage and won't let me have them until then) but I decided to show them anyways. I already had the chance to try them all out at least once though, so I can definitely give you a first impression. Also, if my background happens to change colour in every pic, it's mostly because I was using natural lighting on a cloudy day to take these.

Birthday Haul | Monki Panda Pouch

Starting with the Monki pouch that I ordered from Asos, I'm absolutely in love with it. It's the perfect size to hold everything I got and then some, which means it will be perfect to carry all my makeup when I go to uni. Plus it's excellent quality, as far as I could tell. I definitely recommend it.

Birthday Haul | Zoeva 107 Powder Polish Brush

As for the Zoeva brush, I got the 107 Powder Polish. Although it's meant to be a powder brush, I used it to apply liquid foundation and it blended everything like a dream. I never took so little time applying my foundation, nor has it ever looked that good. I honestly fell in love with this brush at first use, even if I one or two little hairs fell out in the process - nothing major though, it doesn't actually have a negative impact considering how amazing the brush is. Plus it comes on a cute little pouch, which is perfect in case you need to travel. This was only 19,90€, which is more than Zoeva brushes usually cost, but IVA is a pain in my ass.

Birthday Haul | Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Fatigue Blur and Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer

I also got the Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer and the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Fatigue Blur from Asos, and I'm quite happy with both. The concealer is great, very yellow though, so I don't know if it would work on other undertones. It does a great job covering my dark circles and even does a decent job covering blemishes, plus it doesn't cling to dry patches.

As for the primer, it's not a holy grail primer, not by a long shot, but it's pretty good for the price and the amount of product you get (Bourjois' Happy Light Serum has less and the price is almost the double of this, for example). I only apply it anywhere I have redness and on my dark circles, since I found it helps make them less obvious. It doesn't make my makeup last any longer, but it does hydrate, which is good for my dry skin. Overall, I really like it, but the nail polish smell it has really threw me off at first. I still used it and it was good, but gosh, that smell. It was enough to make someone pass out, I swear.

Birthday Haul | Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Ivory Foundation

Finally, we have the last thing I ordered from Asos, the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Nude in the shade 100. You guys... this has to be my favourite thing in the world right now. The Zoeva brush is great, don't get me wrong, and it definitely plays a part in how much I love this foundations, but this is seriously my holy grail foundation. Not only does it give a good amount of coverage (not full, but not light either - although I don't quite think it's medium as it claims; more like a light-medium coverage), but it also stays on all day. And I have actually tested out if it lasted 25 hours - I would never actually wear my foundation for 25 hours straight, but I fell asleep with my makeup still on, oops. The next morning, when I took my makeup off with the Garnier Micellar Water, some foundation was still on my face. Yes, not a whole lot, but enough to give you a light coverage. And mind you, I wore this on a hot day, while I was out shopping with a comfy sweater that soon turned into my personal hell because it was easily 28 degrees. Not only did I not get shiny throughout that whole ordeal (and believe me, I sweat enough to be shiny) yet this foundation managed to keep me matte-ish all day long.

Now, I don't want to give you guys a full review (I will do that in another post), but seriously, go and buy this. You will not regret it - in fact, you might just cry tears of joy when you first put it on. You're welcome.

And that's all I have for today! Sorry the post came on a Saturday instead of a Friday, I was super busy with exams and college is just... ugh. But let me know in the comments what you think about these products and if you have tried any of them yet!

You May Also Like

0 comments