Birthday Shopping at Asos

by - 15:37


I'm so sorry I disappeared for the last week or so! Life got really messy and I had to take a little break from blogging to sort some things out, but I am oficially back! And there's no better way to get started than to share with you what I just ordered from Asos!

I'm turning twenty at the end of April, which seems like a very long time from now, I know! Still, I decided to buy most of my presents online and order them in time to open them on my birthday, and I had to share it with you guys as soon as I hit the little 'buy' button!

Now, since it's my first time ordering from Asos, I've decided to keep things simple and safe, so I went for mostly makeup, as you can clearly see. I did have my eye on a few clothing items but decided not to risk it right away. The sizes they use are different from the sizes here in Portugal, plus I'm not sure if Asos clothing is true to size. Buying a lot of makeup I couldn't find for sale here in Portugal seemed like the perfect idea (or in the case of some of these products, they're more expensive here or always sold out).

Starting from left to right, we have the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Fatigue Blur in the shade Warm Apricot (find it here). It's currently 10.94€ and it's not available in Portuguese stores. This is basically a primer that helps get rid of redness and dark circles, while also bringing some light into a dull complexion, which fits right into the description of my college girl skin. Plus the reviews on this are amazing, so I can't wait to try it out.

Next, we have the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Nude Foundation in the shade Ivory (find it here). It's currently 10.94€ and not available in Portuguese stores. I've heard so many good things about this foundation, but what really sold me was hearing viviannadoesmakeup praising it so much in her blog and youtube channel. I'm really excited to try this out, especially now that Spring has arrived and I feel like I don't need Healthy Mix's bigger coverage all the time.

I've also ordered the Bourjois Healthy Mix Radiance & Anti-Fatigue Concealer in the shade Light (find it here). It was also 10.94€ - this seems to be a reaccuring theme for me in this post - and although it's available in Portugal in some stores, it's a bit pricier and a lot harder to find your shade (like all of Bourjois' products, actually, but that's the subject for a whole other post). I was in dire need of a concealer that could cover both my dark circles and blemishes, without looking cakey: in comes Fleur De Force and her Top 10 Under £10 video focusing on concealers. She praised this one a lot, claiming it could do the job perfectly, so I had to get my hands on it while I could. Hopefully it's as good as people claim.

Finally, we have the only non-make up item I ordered: Monki's Casja Pouch in Panda Print (find it here). It was only 6.85€, the cheapest of all the things I bought. Sadly, Monki isn't for sale in Portugal, so I couldn't find this anywhere else. The reason why I ordered this was mostly because I needed a small pouch to put all my makeup in for school and whatnot. This little bag will do perfectly, it's very slim and perfect to carry only the essentials. Its small size will also help me not overpack it, which is something I'm likely to do every single time.

And that's all I ordered from Asos today! Of course, I also plan on buying some clothes here in Portugal, but I'll be sure to make a "What I got for my birthday" post as soon as I can, so you can see all I got. Not to mention I plan on reviewing most of these makeup products. This is all I have for today, but don't forget to comment down below telling me your thoughts on this little shopping trip of mine and maybe recommend more stuff for me to buy?

You May Also Like

0 comments