Easter Makeup Look

by - 18:29

Easter Makeup Look

Hello my loves! I'm sorry I didn't post anything yesterday, but I was busy visiting family and doing a little bit of last minute shopping for Easter. However, I couldn't leave you hanging until Monday, so I put together this little post showing you what I'm going to wear tomorrow during the family Easter lunch.

Personally, I tend to stick to the same makeup look whenever I go out. Yes, I change the blush or lipstick I wear, but it's mostly the same -- little bit of foundation, little bit of contouring, little bit of blush, lots of mascara and concealer, and a touch of lipstick. Still, when a special occasion like this comes along, I have to amp it up a little bit, am I right? So here's what I plan on wearing tomorrow. It's quite a simple look, perfect for a family gathering during the day, with just the right amount of drama to make it special, but not enough to make it a night time look.

I'm currently waiting for my Maybelline primer to arrive, so I decided to skip primer altogether, considering my Bourjois one isn't doing a good enough job. Skipping right onto foundation, I picked my trustworthy Healthy Mix Foundation from Bourjois in the shade 52. It gives me the right amount of coverage without looking cakey, plus it gives me a great dewy finish that I love for Spring.

For concealer, I picked Kiko's Full Coverage Concealer in the shade 01. Not only does it conceal most of my dark circles, but it also highlights my under eye area quite well. It doesn't work on blemishes though, not as well as I hoped, but thankfully my skin is having a pretty good week so I won't need that extra coverage.

To set everything and make sure I don't get too shiny throughout the day, I have the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder in the shade 52. I'm obsessing over this powder, it gives me the right amount of coverage even on a school day, where I tend to even skip foundation sometimes. Plus it doesn't leave you looking cakey, which I love.

To contour and overall warm up my complexion, I have H&M's Bronzing Powder in the shade Gorgeous Tan. I desperately need a new bronzer since you can see I'm hitting pan on this one. Still, this is a great bronzer for people on a budget. The only con is the terrible shade range, even if H&M has expanded it a tiny bit recently. Overall, it's a dream. Matt and light enough to not make it look like you got a dirty face, but strong enough to actually give you a proper contour.

As for highlighting, weirdly enough, I use H&M's Concealer in the shade White Sand. I first bought this thinking it would be a great low budget concealer, but the poor coverage disappointed me immediately. It doesn't cover anything, which is a pity since the concealer has a nice consistency and the shade, although too light for my skin tone, is perfect for highlighting. It's a matt finish though, so don't expect the glowing effect other highlighters provide. However, it does give you a nice little natural highlight, plus it's affordable.

For blush, I picked the Catrice Illuminating Blush in the shade I Am Nuts About You. Although it doesn't give you any sort of highlight (like I mentioned before in my everyday makeup post), it's a lovely shade that I specially love to use when I go a little heavier on the contouring and highlighting business.

For the brows, I'll simply fill them in with the darkest brown shade in the Essence Quattro Eyeshadow Quads in the number 05. Since I ran out of my clear brow gel, I won't set it, but I don't even think I need to any longer. It honestly doesn't make a difference in my makeup staying power.

For the eyes, I'll use Kiko's Smoky Look Eyeshadow Stick in the shade 04. It's a lovely brown shade that, once blended, looks quite natural. It does not blend as easily as I wished, but it's still a good product. I am hoping to buy Kiko's Cream Eyeshadows soon though, they seem to die for and I'm hoping they work better than this stick.

As for eyeliners, I'm going to use the Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in the shade 01 to tighline only on the mobile lid. I'll also use the shade 14 to tightline my waterline, since it's not as heavy as the black pencil. Plus the metallic moss green shade will look great on my hazel eyes.

For mascara, of course I'll be reaching for Maybelline's Lash Sensational Mascara. If you read my review on this (you can find it here), you know how much I love it, even if I struggled with the application a bit. I just can't stop using it, I even feel bad for neglecting all the other mascaras I own, but they just don't do the job as well as this one.

Finally, for the lips, I'll first use the Kiko Smart Lip Pencil in the shade 12 to line and fill my lips. This is a great lip liner, it doesn't transfer and it manages to stay on for quite a while too. Plus it doesn't dry my lips, which is a great bonus. Since the finish is matte, I decided to apply a nude gloss over it to lessen the dramatic effect of a matte lip. For that, I picked Essence's XXL Nude Lip Gloss in the shade 06. If you read my review of this (you can find it here), you know just how perfect this is, and for such a small price too! I definitely recommend it to everyone in the search of a nude lip gloss.

And that's it! I hope you enjoyed this and perhaps got some inspiration for your own makeup for tomorrow! Be sure to leave a comment down below telling me what you're going to do tomorrow and what your makeup will be like, I'd love to hear all about it. Also, don't forget to check out my Instagram tomorrow for pictures of my Easter OOTD and MOTD pics!

You May Also Like

0 comments